cze ger eng

SOŠ a SOU Kladno

Otevřená, efektivní, fungující a moderní škola

SCHOOL HISTORY

THE DEVELOPMENT OF APPRENTICESHIP EDUCATION IN THE TWENTIES

The development of apprenticeship education followed a good Czech pre-war tradition during the First Republic. The biggest problem of the Kladno apprenticeship education was finding a location for training because it was lacking in the suitable premises. Hence from 1927 the School Committee of the Kladno continuation schools aim at a construction of a new building, in which all continuation schools including the Merchant School would be merged together. An exception was a school for metal work trades that should continue to be affiliated to the State Technical College. The city promptly took advantage of a new established fund of the Ministry of Education for a construction of the continuous schools and applied for a state grant as one of the first towns.

T. G. MASARYK HIMSELF BLESSED THE SCHOOL

It was successful. The city received an amount of 600 thousand crowns from the state, with the support of the first president T. G. Masaryk the City Council donated a piece of land where the Amalie mine stood once. The financial establishments contributed to the building, but even that the School Committee had to take a communal loan of 1.4 million crowns from the Civic Bank. This loan was eventually re-paid by individual towns according to a ratio of apprentices as follows from the total amount: Kladno 70%, Kročehlavy 20%, Dubí and Rozdĕlov 5% each. Only large industrial plants refused to contribute for the construction according to the available information.

A SIGNIFICANT OBJECT OF THE MODERN ARCHITECTURE IS EMERGING

A public competition was advertised for the construction of school and a winner of twenty submitted projects was the Kročehlavy countryman Rudolf Černý, Professor of the College of Technology in Prague. The building is an example of the functional architecture of the interwar period. It was characterised with the effectiveness of its layout, spacious corridors and staircases and also with the good lighting conditions of classrooms and workshops. The ceremonial start of earthwork was on 29th July 1929 and all works finished in the following year. Already on 28th September 1930, a beautiful building of the new school was ceremonially opened at the presence of many public officials. A name given to school was the Masaryk’s School of Work.

A SUBSEQUENT TEACHING OF APPRENTICES TAKES PLACE IN THE NEW ENVIRONMENT

There were six classrooms, two on each floor, two drawing rooms and seven workshops in the building. The workshops were for carpentry and joinery, painting and decorating, confectionary , shoemaking and upholstery, barber and hairdresser, waiters and tailors. In addition to all these the building had five cabinets, principal’s office, staff room, an office for a manager of the Merchant School, lecture hall, smoking room, dark room, wash room and a storage room for the woodwork products. The horticulture apprentices used the school garden. The first school principal was Karel Veselý who worked there till 1936. There were 43 teachers of which only 4 women were in this school. 3,848 pupils completed training during the first five years.

THE NEW FACILITY MEANS GREAT PROGRESS IN THE VOCATIONAL EDUCATION

A total number of enrolled pupils was increasing every year. A growth of the Masaryk’s School of Work was undoubtedly causing a gradual phasing out of the surrounding small continuation schools, which with their limited staff and equipment, could not compete with the modern institute. Hence in 1931 – 32 this Kladno Vocational School was transformed into the areal school for all apprentices of districts such as Kladno, Slaný, Rakovník and Kralupy nad Vltavou. In 1932 the general continuation schools were abolished In Libušín, Hnidousi, Pchery, Družec and Buštĕhrad. Futher closing down of the same type of schools followed in Středokluky, Tuchlovice and Unhošť in 1937. All districts were incorporated into the Kladno district. At the beginning of 1939 all apprentices, who trained at the school area of Kladno and its close surroundings, were required to attend specialized continuation areas of education of the Masryk’s School of Work.

SCHOOL REAPS SUCCESS, RECEIVES AWARDS

A career counselling was opened in this school. At the end of the first school year on 28th June1931 the school opened a small apprenticeship exhibition organised by the District Communal Unions in Kladno. The works, which were awarded with one of three prices, were subsequently exhibited at the National exhibition of apprenticeship works where 91 of 117 competing products were awarded. The Kladno apprentices were the most successful within the bounds of whole republic. In 1933, the apprentices of the Masaryk’s School of Work participated successfully at the Spring Fair in Prague. In autumn 1932, the school started to organize courses for unemployed journeymen.

PROGRESS WAS SEVERELY DISRUPTED BY THE GERMAN OCCUPATION

A successful development of this institute was severely disrupted by the German occupation and following 2nd World War. Although the school was not directly afflicted by the Nazi terror this time brought the highest sacrifices of human lives. The principal of school was arrested in connection with shooting of one German policeman in 1939. At that time the school was taken by the occupiers for their needs and the school rooms were changed to flats and sickroom. The tragic event of Lidice left its mark on apprentices also. Twelve of them were executed on 10th June 1942. There is still the reverent memorial to the victims of the 2nd World War in the school.

CONTINUATION OF TRADITION OF THE GOOD APPRENTICESHIP EDUCATION AFTER THE WAR

In 1954, the apprenticeship education was transferred under the administration of the Ministry of Local Economy. Training time of some areas of education was shortened to two years according to needs of the rapid support of business, but it was back to three years later. The school continued in a good tradition and prepared hundreds of apprentices for their lives from close and far surroundings .

CHANGES AND DEVELOPMENTS IN THE SEVENTIES

In 1978, the Vocational School was divided into the Secondary Business Vocational School and Secondary Building Vocational School. The pupils of the business sections were trained as salespersons of various specializations from 1st September 1978. Training for the car mechanics ended in 1983. All other areas for the bricklayer, carpenter, electrician, plumber, painter and decorator were transferred to the Secondary Building Vocational School of which a founder was the District Building Company in Kladno. A continuation of the Vocational School was the Secondary Business Vocational School of which a founder was the Central Bohemian Regional National Committee. The Secondary Business Vocational School prepared pupils for the salesperson professions for the Groceries Kladno and Rakovník, Co-op Kladno, Men’s and Women’s Wear of Central Bohemian Region and Greengroceries Prague. Some successful leavers continued their study at the extension courses.

EXTENDED OFFER FOR THE GRADUATION AREA OF STUDY FAMILY SCHOOL

Interest in the area study of the salespersons started to decline after 1989. Hence the Secondary Business Vocational School extended its offer of the graduation area of study as the Family School. This school became independent and moved to the House of Technology at Sítná in 1992. Hence in the following years the Secondary Business Vocational School extended again its offer of areas of study including domestic services, chef-waiter, dressmaker, window dresser, two-year extended study for catering and hospitality, business in trade and services, and four-year courses for business study and postal services. The Family School with a progressive transformation of its offers gained the status of College (SOŠ) in 1997.

OPTIMIZATION AMALGAMATES COLLEGE AND VOCATIONAL SCHOOL IN ONE INSTITUTE

In the frame of optimization of the Secondary Schools in the Central Bohemian Region the College and the Secondary Business Vocational School (Family School) were amalgamated in 2003. At present time this institute is called the College and Secondary Vocational School Kladno, námĕstí E. Beneše 2353, Kladno.

Nabídka Cateringu

News

10.03.2014,
Spring holiday of our school will be lasting from 10. 03. to 14. 03. 2014.Pokračování

07.03.2014,
The final futsal tournaments of wide region have been held last and this week. Our girls have finished third and our boys have managed to win. We thank all for their excellent representation of our school and Mgr M. Soukupová for her organization of these tournaments and care of our sports teams.Pokračování

03.03.2014,
This week, the school-wide competition in history will be taking place in our school. We wish to all registered students good luck in resolving competing tasks and questions. We thank Mgr R. Vočková for her preparation and coordination of this competition. Pokračování

Fotogalerie

Tvoje Budoucnost


Školní síň slávy

Co nás čeká

  • 23.4.2009
    Přijímací zkoušky na střední školy - denní studium
  • 24.4.2009
    Školní florbalový turnaj 2009
  • 29.4.2009
    Přijímací zkoušky na střední školy - nástavbové studium
  • 30.4.2009
    Hokejbal proti drogám 2009

Copyright © 2006-2015, SOŠ a SOU Kladno
Úvodní strana l Kontakt l Povinně zveřejňované informace l www.sosasoukladno.cz